Friday, August 7, 2009
A little morning biology,
When you chop an earth worm in half, legend tells us, you get two worms. And we all know that two worms is better than one worm! But before you go out in the yard to hunt down some Lumbricides may we suggest that you look no further than the Vermillion Worm!
Our exciting news today is that Vermillion Lies is giving way to two solo careers!
We will still be playing some shows together as Vermillion Lies, but most of our energies and attentions will be going to our solo music at this time.
Zoe is recording her first full length album with a very talented producer in NYC (Cesar Alvarez from The Lisps) she will then embark on a solo tour that will bring her all over America and a little bit of Canadia (our homeland.)
Zoe can be found on many internet sites:
Kim is doing a mini solo tour starting tomorrow(!!) with Mark Growden, then a few shows on the East Coast, a little recording session with the amazing Sean Slade (Dresden Dolls, Radiohead...) and then she's going to Berlin for three months to develop her songs and get ready to record some amazingness later in the year.
Kim on the internet:
We are both very grateful for our families, friends, and fans. Thank you for following our exploits and we hope to see you at shows in the future.
Zoe and Kim Boekbinder
Bed photo by Roger Fojas
Kim and Zoe photos by Heike Schneider-Matzigkeit
p.s. We have a few of the wonderful Molly Crabapple shirts left, and these will be the last of this design so get them while you can!! Also check out the amazing poster she did for our last show with Amanda Palmer Vermillion Lies Store
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Thirty-One: 31 Songs In 31 Days From Kim Vermillion
To kick off the new year off with a bang and get my creative juices flowing, I've decided that I'm going to try something a little bit different: 31 songs in 31 days, one new song a day from January 1st through January 31st.
Whether I'm on the road or at home, I try to write a lot -- rarely do I put all those songs in front of people, so why not see what happens when I do?
Some of the songs will be written and recorded and posted the very same day, perhaps some will be crafted over the course of the month. Most songs will be solo-Kim, but maybe just maybe I'll wrangle a guest collaborator in there for a song or two. Who knows, this is all an experiment, and anything could happen...
* I hope to have songs posted in the afternoon, but it'll probably vary depending on how busy I am on any given day -- so you know when they're posted, be sure to follow Vermillion Lies on Twitter: http://twitter.com/vermillionlies
* They will be posted at http://vermillionlies.bandcamp.mu/ (starting Thursday, January 1st!) and will be completely free...should you wish to donate a little bit, it will be very much appreciated, but not necessary.
* Each and every song will have unique artwork, and the collection will have a unique "cover" image as well...while it might take me a few days to start posting the artwork (I've got songs to write, people!) I'll make a note on the Twitter when it's ready.
As an added bonus, I've decided that anyone who has purchased tickets for our show in San Francisco on January 22nd deserves to have a song written for them, 'cause really, it's the least I can do. While there's not enough days in the month and I can't write a song for all of you, I can darn well try to get to a few of you:
* When you purchase a ticket to our show,HERE forward the confirmation e-mail to vermillionlies(at)yahoo.com. Please include your name and what you'd like the song written about i.e. "KITTENS!" or "Who would win in a battle, a kitten or a giant squid?" or "The sound of snow falling as I walk through the woods with the kitten I love"...whatever you'd like! Should you want the song written for someone, just make a note so I know that it's a "gift".
* Every 3 days, I'm going to go to the big pile of e-mails and pick one.
* At that point, I will then write a song about the subject of said ticket buyer's choice.
So...all of you will get 31 songs, and at least 10 of you will get original songs, written by me, about whatever you'd like.
Many of these will be silly, some will be bad, a few will be good and maybe, just maybe we'll get something great. I'm not promising "Stairway To Heaven" (or even "Who Let The Dogs Out?") on these things, but why not see what happens, k? K.
I'll also be blogging about the songs here: http://kimboekbinder.blogspot.com/
I hope you enjoy "Thirty-One", whatever it may become...